Answered By: Emily Bell
Last Updated: Mar 02, 2017     Views: 177

Research Assistant borrowing privileges are available to eligible library users who are conducting research for a Harvard University teaching faculty member, or who may need to borrow books on behalf of a Harvard University teaching faculty member. See the Research Assistant Borrowing Privileges page for particulars and Privileges office contact information.

If the requirements for a research assistant are not met, you have a couple of other choices:

Your RA can get physical access to the library. From inside a Harvard library, she can sit down at a computer and access the databases. However, she won't be able to access them remotely--at home, for example.

Another option is Google Scholar. Under "Settings" in the top right corner, she can click on "Library Links" on the left, and type in the name Harvard. When Harvard appears, she should click the checkbox next to it and hit "save." The caveat is that while links to Harvard holdings will appear in her search results, she won't be able to click them and follow through to full text (unless the sources are Open Access) remotely. She'd still need to be on campus with a recognized IP address to get the full text.


Contact Us