Library Services while the library buildings are closed
Harvard Library has some staff at Widener, Lamont and the Harvard Depository for scanning and book pickup. Please see our How to Borrow Materials And Use Our Services During COVID-19 page for details.
We are also still here online!
- Librarians are available for online research consultations, one on one via ZOOM. Just fill out the research appointment request form. We're here to help with both research and class assignments.
- Librarians and reference staff are taking questions at Ask a Librarian, and we've extended our chat hours. Ask us!
- Online Access to e-resources continues and the library is working on enhanced remote offerings and planning for the fall semester during this time.
- Log in with your HarvardKey when prompted. HOLLIS is a good place to start. When in doubt, check in with us at Ask a Librarian or Request a Research Appointment.
- If you're not finding something online, Ask us. Not everything is available to us but we have access to more online than ever before. We're glad to look for it and discuss options.
- If there's something at the library that you need outside the scope of our regular scanning operations, the holding library or archive may be able to digitize it (depending on the item, its location and copyright status). Ask Us or contact the individual library or archive.
- Take a look at the Featured Questions at ask.library.harvard.edu for resources and guidance while working remotely.
Faculty & staff:
- Librarians can provide online instruction for classes in lieu of visits. Contact your department liaison or Ask Us.
- We can help you plan for courses and evaluate online options for course materials. Ask Us.
- See our evolving Tips for Teaching Remotely FAQ for collected tips, methodology, pedagogy and troubleshooting help.
Covid campus-related information:
- Library leaders are actively planning for our safe return to campus. When we have details to share, it will be on the Harvard Library Coronavirus Updates page.
- For the latest information about campus policies, see the University's COVID- 19: Coronavirus page.
More Help Options
Email Your Question
Use our simple form to email a librarian your question. We usually respond to questions within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Request a Research Appointment
Harvard only: Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy and locating and using sources.Request an Appointment