I need information about COVID-19.
There are a vast number of Coronavirus/COVID-19 resources available on the web, from consumer health information to research data. Much of the content that's usually subscription-only has been made freely available to the public. To get started:
Check out our Harvard COVID-19 Resource Roundup
- a collection of the Harvard Library guides that link to major COVID resources
- links to other Harvard University projects and information sources.
The University of Virginia Library has an extensive COVID-19 resource guide. It covers a range of topics including
- government and consumer information, research materials
- fact-checking resources vital during this "infodemic"
- xenophobia links
To search for COVID-related journalism and media:
- check out the "Misinformation and the Infodemic"page of the UV library guide for help distinguishing good information from incorrect or misleading sources.
- Go to the home page for the major publications or sites of the area you’re interested in
- Try a search engine with “COVID-19” OR Coronavirus AND (a topic or keyword).
- An advanced search like Google Advanced Search can help you target geographic regions, web domains, websites, social media and other specifics.
- Ask a Librarian, including chat and email, will be suspended on Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24. Regular service hours resume on Saturday..
- If If you're experiencing an ongoing technical issue when you attempt to access library materials with your HarvardKey during these times, please report it to Library Technology Services.
Chat is intended for brief inquiries from the Harvard community.
Reach out to librarians and other reference specialists by email using our online form. We usually respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy, and locating and using sources. Make an appointment now.
These services are intended primarily for Harvard University faculty, staff and students. If you are not affiliated with Harvard, please use these services only to request information about the Library and its collections.