I need information about COVID-19.
There are a vast number of Coronavirus/COVID-19 resources available on the web, from consumer health information to research data. Much of the content that's usually subscription-only has been made freely available to the public. To get started:
Check out our Harvard COVID-19 Resource Roundup
- a collection of the Harvard Library guides that link to major COVID resources
- links to other Harvard University projects and information sources.
The University of Virginia Library has an extensive COVID-19 resource guide. It covers a range of topics including
- government and consumer information, research materials
- fact-checking resources vital during this "infodemic"
- xenophobia links
To search for COVID-related journalism and media:
- check out the "Misinformation and the Infodemic"page of the UV library guide for help distinguishing good information from incorrect or misleading sources.
- Go to the home page for the major publications or sites of the area you’re interested in
- Try a search engine with “COVID-19” OR Coronavirus AND (a topic or keyword).
- An advanced search like Google Advanced Search can help you target geographic regions, web domains, websites, social media and other specifics.
In observation of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, our services will be unavailable on Monday, January 18. There may be a slight delay in our responses to inquiries received over the weekend. If you're experiencing an ongoing technical issue when you attempt to access library materials with your HarvardKey, please report it to Library Technology Services.
Chat is intended for brief inquiries from the Harvard community.
If you are not affiliated with Harvard but have questions about Harvard library materials, send us an email to connect with someone who can help.
Email librarians and other reference specialists using our online form. It's monitored by library staff and we usually respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Harvard only: Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy, and locating and using sources. Make an appointment now.
If you are not affiliated with Harvard, please do not use this form. For questions about library materials, send us an email to connect with someone who can help.