How do I export all of my HOLLIS search results?
You will not see an option to export all of your search results, but HOLLIS does allow you to select a large number of items and then export them to Excel, .RIS, .BibTeX, email, etc.
To select results for export:
- Select the full page of results by using the checkbox at the top of your results list (by default, “0 selected” will display). When you select the first page of results, HOLLIS will display an option to select the first 50 results. After the first 50, you may continue selecting results a page at a time (10 results per page).
- Once you have selected the desired number of results, use the “send to” menu (which appears as three vertical dots) to choose your export method.
Additional methods for exporting large lists of items include:
- Save the search. This method allows you to return to your results set at any time, via the “My Favorites” menu (though, of course, the results will change as new items are added to HOLLIS).
- Add items to “My Favorites” before exporting. Make sure you are signed in to HOLLIS: if you are not signed in, your “favorites” will clear when you close the window. This method allows you to build a large list in batches: from within “My Favorites,” the checkbox at the top of a list selects all items in the list, not just all items on the page. We recommend using “tags” to keep your list separate from other pinned items.
- Export to a reference manager, such as Zotero. This method also allows you to build a large list in batches, but gives you extra flexibility to add citations found elsewhere and more options for converting your list into a properly formatted bibliography.
- See Getting Started with Zotero for more on installing and using Zotero
- Use the Library Cloud API (requires some programming knowledge).
Have another HOLLIS question? Our HOLLIS User Guide provides an overview of HOLLIS's features and functions.
In observation of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, our services will be unavailable on Monday, January 18. There may be a slight delay in our responses to inquiries received over the weekend. If you're experiencing an ongoing technical issue when you attempt to access library materials with your HarvardKey, please report it to Library Technology Services.
Chat is intended for brief inquiries from the Harvard community.
If you are not affiliated with Harvard but have questions about Harvard library materials, send us an email to connect with someone who can help.
Email us using our online form. It's monitored by library staff and we usually respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Harvard only: Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy, and locating and using sources. Make an appointment now.
If you are not affiliated with Harvard, please do not use this form. For questions about library materials, send us an email to connect with someone who can help.