How can I access Government Documents and Microforms from Lamont Level D?
First, identify the material(s) you want to access.
- Collections are listed in HOLLIS.
- Print indexes for microform collections are available for browsing on Lamont Level B.
- Microform collection indexes are often available online.
- Fill out a request form for each item at Lamont's Circulation Desk.
- Material will be retrieved within 2 hours.
- You will receive a notification request at the email address you've indicated on the request form.
- Send requests to Ask a Librarian.
- Please list Harvard affiliation (grad student/faculty/staff/visiting researcher/other) and when you would like to begin using the material.
- Include complete citation. Title, author, volume/issue/reel, and format (print/microform/cd) are preferred.
- Include call number listed in HOLLIS.
- Material will be retrieved within 2 business days.
- You will receive a notification request at the email address you've given.
If you need further assistance and/or help identifying the exact item(s) you'd like to access, Ask a Librarian.
More Help Options
Email Your Question
Use our simple form to email a librarian your question. We usually respond to questions within 24 hours (M-F).
Request a Research Appointment
Harvard only: Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy and locating and using sources.Request an Appointment