I tried to watch a film in Kanopy and I had to fill out a form. How can I see it?
In these cases, Kanopy asks the library to purchase an additional license in order for our users to view the film through their service.
The film may be available through another of our streaming service platforms:
- Most of these are listed in HOLLIS.
- You can also consult our Guide to Streaming Video @ Harvard to look for films.
Due to rising Kanopy costs, the library is restricting additional licenses for films streamed via that service to faculty requests for course materials and for use with doctoral dissertations.
- Course Materials: Submit as a Course Reserve request in Canvas or submit a purchase request form.
- Doctoral dissertations: Submit a purchase request form with details about your intended use of the material.
- Ask a Librarian, including chat and email, will be suspended from Saturday, May 26 through Monday May 28, in observance of Memorial Day. Questions received during this period will be answered beginning Tuesday, May 28, 2023.
- If you're experiencing an ongoing technical issue when you attempt to access library materials with your HarvardKey during these times, please report it to Library Technology Services.
Chat is intended for brief inquiries from the Harvard community.
Reach out to librarians and other reference specialists by email using our online form. We usually respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy, and locating and using sources. Make an appointment now.
These services are intended primarily for Harvard University faculty, staff and students. If you are not affiliated with Harvard, please use these services only to request information about the Library and its collections.