I found an online video that I want to use for my course. How do I know it won't expire before the semester is over?
Some films streamed through the Kanopy platform are available to use for an additional fee, resulting in annual licenses for those works. Some films streamed through the Kanopy platform are available to us for an additional fee, resulting in annual licenses for those works.
- If we’ve already licensed a Kanopy work, it’s available in HOLLIS until that license expires.
- Works which are part of our core Kanopy subscription display expiration dates of Sept 1, 2020. That will be extended as long as we continue the subscription (as long as Kanopy provides the film).
- Films available through add-on licenses may not display their expiration dates.
- If you’ll need to use the work later in the semester and want to double-check the licensing arrangement and its expiration date, contact Ask a Librarian.
- If we have the film through another of our streaming video platforms, no add-on licenses are involved and we'll have access as long as we subscribe (and as long as they have the film).
More Help Options
Email Your Question
Use our simple form to email a librarian your question. We usually respond to questions within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Request a Research Appointment
Harvard only: Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy and locating and using sources.Request an Appointment