BorrowDirect Upgrade (December 2022)
What's changing about BorrowDirect?
The new catalog is much more robust than the first, but otherwise not much is changing. We do have a few things we thought you might want to know:
Tips and tricks for searching the new catalog have been made available by BorrowDirect.
Most aspects of the BorrowDirect service will remain the same, including:
- the libraries who participate in BorrowDirect
- library users who can request materials through BorrowDirect
- loan lengths and library policies for materials received through BorrowDirect
- materials available through BorrowDirect
- speed and convenience of the BorrowDirect service
- Check the BorrowDirect web page for a refresher on this info.
- We’re now using a single request form for both BorrowDirect and Interlibrary Loan. No more filling out a second request if you need to make a change! If the item isn’t available via BorrowDirect, the staff will pursue it via Interlibrary Loan. It will appear in the BorrowDirect catalog.
- Items that appear in the BorrowDirect catalog as available at Harvard can now be requested in BorrowDirect. If it's here, library staff will put our copy on hold for you; if not, they’ll get it.
Finally and importantly, migrating to this new catalog means that we will not have access to your past BorrowDirect request history for long.
- You will be able to request your BorrowDirect borrowing history through March 30, 2023.
- To request an export of your history, please complete this form.
Monday - Thursday 9am-9pm
Friday - Saturday 9am-5pm
Chat is intended for brief inquiries from the Harvard community.
Reach out to librarians and other reference specialists by email using our online form. We usually respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy, and locating and using sources. Make an appointment now.
These services are intended primarily for Harvard University faculty, staff and students. If you are not affiliated with Harvard, please use these services only to request information about the Library and its collections.