Scan & Deliver Service
How can I get scanned copies of journal articles and book chapters when the material is available in print in the Harvard Library?
Use our Scan & Deliver service to request a scan of an article or book chapter (not an entire book, journal etc) from materials available at Harvard Library (HarvardKey login required).
• The Scan & Deliver link can be found in HOLLIS listings under GET IT.
• Scan & Deliver is available for most general items housed in the libraries. Materials in special collections, are not part of the Scan & Deliver program. The "View In Library" link allows you to request and/or view those.
• Check out the Scan & Deliver page to see what exactly can be requested and delivery estimates.
• If you don't see a Scan & Deliver link for an item that's eligible for it, use Interlibrary Loan. The staff will handle it.
• Where can you see your Scan & Deliver requests? In your Resource Sharing account (HarvardKey required).
• When in doubt, Ask a Librarian (submit the question via our form). We'll help you select the right option.
Not a Harvard Library patron?
- You may be able to request material through your local library if they have an Interlibrary Loan service. This is usually the fastest and least expensive way to get access to Harvard Library materials. Consult your local library for details & instructions.
- Our Digital Imaging Service can provide reproductions of most library holdings for a fee. See our Requesting Reproductions of Library Materials page for more information.
- Ask a Librarian, including chat and email, will be suspended from Saturday, May 26 through Monday May 28, in observance of Memorial Day. Questions received during this period will be answered beginning Tuesday, May 28, 2023.
- If you're experiencing an ongoing technical issue when you attempt to access library materials with your HarvardKey during these times, please report it to Library Technology Services.
Monday - Thursday 9am-5pm
Chat is intended for brief inquiries from the Harvard community.
Reach out to librarians and other reference specialists by email using our online form. We usually respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Talk to a librarian for advice on defining your topic, developing your research strategy, and locating and using sources. Make an appointment now.
These services are intended primarily for Harvard University faculty, staff and students. If you are not affiliated with Harvard, please use these services only to request information about the Library and its collections.